Since the majority of RV owners are also the DIY type, there are plenty of RV repair and replacement products on the consumer market today. One of the most popular items, for a lot of owners, is the repair or replacement kit. A “kit”, as the name implies, includes everything that you need to either replace or repair your RV’s roof. You can find kits for all types of roofing materials, including the liquid RV roof replacement kit, which is growing in popularity for its versatility and convenience.
If you are in the market for a new RV roof, you typically have a few options. You can buy the materials yourself and install a new roof. You could also take the RV to your local dealership or shop and have them replace the roof. This, however, could cost a small fortune. Most shops charge upwards of $100 per hour for labor, after all, and with modern RV roof kits, anyone can install a new roof without a lot of time or effort.
Here are five reasons that you should consider an RV roof replacement kit for your next RV roofing upgrade:
- Get everything at once. By purchasing a pre-packaged kit, you can guarantee that you will have all of the products and tools that you need to get the job done. You won’t have to worry about forgetting the primer or running to the hardware store for a mop or other supplies, because they are all included.
- A kit can save you money. When you have to buy all of the items for a new RV roof one piece at a time, it is going to add up quickly. Kits are designed by manufacturers to help you reduce your expenses while also giving you an easier way to re-roof your RV when the time comes. Furthermore, a kit costs a fraction of what a shop or dealer would charge for a roof replacement on an RV.
- Rubber is low maintenance. Unlike other roofing materials that require routine resealing and other time-consuming maintenance, a replacement rubber roof is more of a “set it and forget it” product. This roofing doesn’t need resealing every year, and can stand up to the elements much better than products like fiberglass or synthetic TPO roofing.
- The kit might even be cheaper than repairs. Look closely at your roof and take a true assessment of the situation. Then, you will be able to see what kind of repairs need done and what products you need to buy to do the job. In some cases, you might realize that you need so much stuff to complete a simple repair that a replacement kit is just as easy, and maybe even more affordable.
- Rubber roofing kits are DIY-friendly, even for novices. Unlike some roofing products, a rubber roof is fairly simple to install and maintain. Even the newbie RV owner can manage replacing a roof with the right kit, and save a lot of money in the process. Not only do you get everything that you need, but you have an easy long-term solution that you can take care of yourself.
Which RV Replacement Roof Kit Should I Buy?
There are a number of products on the market today. Not all of them are the same. For starters, you need to focus on RV roof replacement kit options, because rubber is the most user-friendly, cost-effective option for RV roofing. Make sure that the kit provides enough materials for the size of your RV, and if not, make sure that you purchase additional kits as needed. Look for reputable brands and ask fellow RVers for recommendations to make sure that you get the best replacement roofing kit for your RV.